August 3, 2006

New Word:

RESONATE

1. to resound or echo, or cause something to resound or echo
2. to have an effect or impact beyond that which is immediately apparent
3. to produce or exhibit chemical, mechanical, or electrical resonance, or to cause a chemical compound or a electrical system to produce or exhibit resonance
4. to produce a response in somebody, especially by reminding that person of something

This is something that Ali said in her blog. I like that word. I like the definition.

It's kinda like letting things marinate in your brain for a little while and emotionally feel the impact of what is said or done.

I'm making a big choice today to move my daughter to another school. Not only is this a choice but a concious one. I haven't liked the school she's been going to for almost 3 years now and I've been trying to wait for them to get better and better, but they haven't and I'm afraid that they won't. So, she's moving to a school near her grandparents and her father. It will be a 20 minute drive for me in the morning and then a 30 minute drive for me after work, BUT I think she's worth it.

***
My decision is resonating with me. I'm feeling it. I'm marinating in it. I am starting to really feel like a parent, not just a glorified babysitter.

Ciao

0 comments: